Monday, October 12, 2009

On Friends, Games, and the Occasional Backstabber... Basically On My Weekend...

So this past weekend... ugh to the double UGH. It just basically sucked, with a glimmer of happiness on Saturday night. So Friday, there was a football game. Us versus our biggest rivals. I was running late for the game and had to be there because I perform with the dance team. So I'm in the left turning lane, sitting there, with a guy in front of me, waiting to get into the parking lot, when I see this lady crossing the street. No big deal right? Well you would think so, but for some reason I couldn't stop watching her. It was like God glued my eyes to this woman. And then before I know it, some freak from the other road makes a left turn and hits this woman! She flies a gagillion feet in the air, lands on the hood of the car and rolls off onto the pavement. Talk about the most paralyzing, traumatic sight of my life! I just sat there, in my Jeep Cherokee, with my hands over my open mouth and my eyes so wide, they probably took up my entire face. I was in the biggest shock ever. So of course eventually the police, fire truck, and ambulance came, and I just sat there in the traffic for about fifteen more minutes before I finally was able to pull into the parking lot and run to the stands and just cry the story to everyone. I was shaking so bad... It was awful. I hope I never have to witness anything like that ever again.

So then during the game... Ok so here's the history you need to know: our drumline is VERY serious. They have a lot of fun, but we like to be a little competitive. So every year, there is a drum off between us and the aforementioned rivals. Last year, one of the guys put baby powder in the cymbals so that when he crashed them it was like Drumline, with the freakin awesome cloud. So a different guy this year decides he's going to renact it. Ok cool it'll be sweet right? WRONG. He goes and crashes them a couple times, and of course there's the awesome cloud, but then the center snare from the opposing line gets all up in our guy's face and shoves him. So our band director came in and stopped the whole thing before a fight broke out. And then there were kids from the other side over on our side picking fights and mouthing off to cops and stuff. It was really bad and some kids got suspended. O and one guy got arrested. The thing is, I don't live in a very violent community. But when these two schools get together... O it's like all hell breaks loose.

So after the game... Band party... Does anyone else feel like their best friends aren't really friends at all? Like my two supposedly best friends, lately, have taken a keen liking to this game that they play called Let's Not Tell Emma Things. Now maybe it's not a game, but they run off and have little conversations that I'm not supposed to know about. They literally hid from me and ran away this time. Which pisses me off. Some friends right? I just don't like all this keep away and secretive crap. ANYWAYS...

Saturday... was a good ish day. I realized how poor I am, but I got to go out with some people and we saw The Invention Of Lying (which was really good by the way). But then I couldn't sleep so I ended up only getting 45 minutes of shut eye that night, only to wake up at 7 30 on Sunday morning to serve mass. And then on Sunday, I have a meeting for senior directors for drama.

I think I might quit. I seriously feel like I have no opinion, and no say in anything that happens. The one thing I really wanted in this show, the number that would be my pride and joy, is now gone. History. POOF. Which upsets me deeply. Not only that, but I also feel like I'm always the one to work my schedule around everyone else's. I can never be accomodated. Now I'm not trying to be selfish here, but really. I am one of the most dedicated people in the group, and I never get to be there to represent our group. We are now having meeting with our actual drama director, and of course I can't be there because I have class. I'M SO PISSED. I seriously might quit, because frankly, this show no longer has any of me in it. Therefore, I could be doing much better things with my time.

So yah, not a good weekend. Not to mention that I have guy issues and can't figure out my feelings and I'm stupid.

I'm done.

0 comments: