Saturday, October 24, 2009

On Endings...

So I have officially performed my last game as a Dazzler. It's bittersweet really... I'm not sure if I'm excited or upset because I will never again put on that uniform and "dazzle" for stands filled with cheering students and parents. I will never again do that dreaded kickline that last forever. It is very hard to me to think about this... I just stood there on the field with my parents after they called my name after my last pregame, and I just bawled my eyes out. The thing is, the fact that it's all over still hasn't sunken in. It hasn't hit me that I will be graduating soon!! And it probably won't even make an impression until I'm walked across that stage in my cap and gown and I'll realize I'll never go back to high school. I don't even know what to do about that. I definitely want to get out of here, but I just don't want this amazing experience that is high school to be over. I know I have a bunch more months to go, I'm just freaking out I guess.

But it isn't over yet, and I suppose I should follow the famous quote;

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

:)

0 comments: