Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You know, sometimes it only takes a little bit to completely change around a bad day and make you feel so much better. It's like they say, good things come in small packages. I've been having some really bad days lately, being frustrated and annoyed with the people around me. Not to mention that I feel like an old person when my knee yells at me. Anyway, my point is that it can be the littlest thing that gets you back on your feet.

Yesterday, we had practice after school for our dance team, the Dazzlers. I am the co-captiain for the dance half of the team (the other half is flag). Now I'd been having, again, a hard day. So after practice, I was waiting for my sister, and one of the little freshmen on the team was talking to me and we were just having a conversation and she told me that she liked me as leadership. It was like a perfect little pick me up. And for some reason, just this little comment made me feel so much better.

Sometimes you just take things like that for granted. We always think that for something to make a difference it needs to be big. It is the little things in life. It's the little things that make put people in a better mood, that help people, that make a difference. I always kinda knew that, but it took this one little comment to remind me how true it is. Maybe it wasn't a big deal. Maybe I'm just overreacting. But to me it was important. To me, it really made a difference.

0 comments: